Why The Display Suite Is So Important To Visit And Questions To Ask
If you are considering buying a property off the plan, one of the best ways to experience what your home will look and feel like, is to visit a display suite. They enable you to immerse yourself in the property, to understand the quality of the proposed development, and to touch and feel the finishes.
A floor plan in isolation could be interpreted in many ways, however a display suite shows the buyer the proposed architecture. In essence they help bring the project to life and enable buyers to connect with the property on an emotional level.
With display suites playing a greater role in assisting purchaser decisions, they are an important part of the developer’s marketing campaign and a valuable way for potential buyers to understand the property’s unique perspective, design and architecture.
The standard of the display suite can also give buyers an indication as to the quality of the developer. If they have invested in a high-end display suite, it suggests the developer has confidence in their ability to build as shown in the display. And this is a good sign. Plus, they have the resources and know-how to create a quality display centre, which is another validation for the developer.
While every display suite will vary in detail, they will often include these features:
- Furnished bathrooms, bedrooms and kitchens. This enables buyers to evaluate the functionality of the different spaces and to see and feel, finishes and appliances.
- 3D scale model of the proposed complex which can give you perspective on its aspect and its positioning in the surrounding neighbourhood
- Computer-generated imagery (CGI’s)
- Video fly-throughs
- Floor plans of the different units available
- Floor plates - showing the positioning of the units and the layout of the building, floor by floor
- Location maps and nearby amenities
- Finishes boards showing the different finish options or schemes
Buyers can visit display suites as often as they like. Private appointments with sales agents are recommended as sometimes the displays can be quite busy.
Questions to ask when visiting a display suite
While visiting a display suite make sure you ask the sales agent as many questions as possible about the development. The more information you can gather will assist in making an informed purchase decision. Dealing with an experienced project marketing team that represents the developer and acts as their sales agent is essential.
Here are some questions to get you started:
Learn more about the development team
- Who is the developer, architect, landscape architect and builder?
- What other developments have they completed and how do they compare to this development?
- Can you show me some examples of previous developments
- How will the project be funded by the developer?
Learn more about the specific units or properties
- What exactly is included in the price? - Ensure you ask a lot of questions about exactly what is included in the listed price. Make sure your conveyancer or lawyer carefully checks the contract so you know what is included and what you are paying for.
- What appliances will be used in the final products? - Are the finishes, fixtures and appliances detailed in the contract?
- What communal amenities will be included? - Increasingly developers are including lifestyle-focused amenities such as pools, gyms, BBQ areas, roof top terraces etc in new developments. Make sure you find out what communal amenities will be included and how they will compare to the images in the marketing material. Remember the upkeep of these additions will be reflected in the cost of your levies - make sure you check these too.
Learn more about your financial obligations
- At what stage do I pay my deposit?
- How much is the initial deposit?
- If I pay a deposit and something happens to the developer is my deposit secure?
- Can I on-sell my apartment before the project is completed if my situation changes?
- What stamp duty is payable?
- What are the strata fees?
- What are the property’s rates and services?
- What happens if I don’t or can’t settle at the agreed time?
The McGrath Projects team are in the display suite to answer your questions and to ensure you have a positive sales experience.
Other buying a house or apartment tools and information
This information is provided subject to our Terms and Conditions.