QLD COVID-19 - How Restrictions Will Affect The Real Estate Industry (July 2021)
Current as at 15th July 2021, and subject to change by the QLD Government
In support of the announcement by the Queensland State Government to limit the spread of Covid, we want to assure you we are proactively working to adhere to the restrictions in place by the QLD State Government so that together, we all play a part in helping control the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Easing of Restrictions
As directed by the QLD Government, the recent COVID-19 temporary lockdowns set ended at:
- 6pm, Saturday 3 July - Brisbane and Moreton Bay local government areas
- 6pm, Friday 2 July - Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Townsville (including Magnetic Island) and Palm Island local government areas.
Whilst QLD has moved out of lockdown, the following restrictions apply to the above areas (known as 'impacted areas') until 6pm, Friday 23 July:
- Wearing a mask is mandatory, including:
- In commercial passenger vehicles (e.g. driving a taxi)
- In indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and staff can't physically distance).
For Real Estate, this means:
- We can conduct open Homes
- We can conduct in person Auctions
- Our offices are open for business again
Whilst we are again open for business, we would ask for your assistance to ensure that together, we remain healthy and safe. This includes:
- Wearing of a mask when attending our open homes, auctions, or our offices
- Maintaining physical distancing including 4 or 2 square metres per person
- Practicing good hand hygiene
- Providing your contact information using the Check In Qld app and any other check in procedure as directed by the Agent or Property Manager
Beyond this, we thank you for following the instructions of our agents and property managers who will be ensuring Covid Safety protocols are being adhered to.
Our agents are here to assist
As always our agents are easily contactable via phone, email and social media or video conferencing. We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have about one our properties, the local real estate market, your own home or any property related advice you may be seeking during this period.
This update is subject to change and we will do our best to keep this page updated as announcements are made that impact the QLD real estate market. To stay across the latest developments visit the QLD Covid-19 website.
This information is provided subject to our Terms and Conditions.